Monday, March 30, 2020

Two Weeks of Isolation

It's probably a safe guess I don't have coronavirus. I've been in the house two full weeks, having minimal human contact with food delivery people while interacting with the world over the internet.

I'm getting lots of productive work done in my home office, but I had to swap out chairs. I was getting a horrible backache from the chair that was in there, and it occurred to me that it'll be May before I can get a massage. Because the City of SF has locked us down until May, at this point.

Tomorrow I'm going to venture out to the Chinese laundry on the other side of my block. It'll be weird being outside. I also think I'm going to get a cheeseburger at Steak and Shake -- to go, of course. With social distancing. And I don't have a mask but I have a bandanna to remind me to keep my paws off my own face until I've showered.

I hope the laundry lady hasn't been having any problems with prejudiced idiots.

I'm still symptom-free. Sometimes I wonder if I'm a dreaded asymptomatic carrier. Often I wonder whether I already had it, since I had a dry cough earlier this year that lingered for a few weeks and cleared up before I started my new job.

Some of my Facebook friends have it, or are in the process of getting over it. They give me hope.


No comments: