Sunday, July 19, 2026

Ragebait (a poem) (by me)

(I'm kind of a poet now, or possibly a lyricist)

Ragebait

© 2026 by Charon Dunn

I acknowledge transmission of the ragebait
You generously have shared with me
I validate your ragey expression
And assure you I quite agree
That this ragebait is indeed rage-inducing
And you are rightfully appalled
You must be exquisitely sensitive
Since you posted this bait on your wall
You have assured all of us onlookers
That your righteousness is beyond compare
Your moral goodness is a bright shining beacon
When held up to the ragebait you share
All of us here in your audience
Stand in awe of the saintliness you exude
We agree this person in your spotlight
Is simply catastrophically rude
We’re so glad you called our attention
To the fact this asshole exists
They deserve no less than an agonizing death
Beaten by bludgeons and fists
Drawn and quartered, broken on the wheel
Sent to the iron maiden’s embrace
Shot from a powerful cannon
On a one way trip to outer space
While you deserve canonization
For your bad-person-singling-out skill
We applaud your refined sensibilities
And the way you’re so admirably shrill
Your sources are always impressive
Such philanthropists they must all be!
Steadfastly programming AIs and bots
To provide you with ragebait for free!
You only post quality ragebait
The finest that I’ve ever read
I hope your ego is appeased now
From this patting I’m applying to your head
Such a good good person you are!
Hope you have all the empty flattery you need
So you can switch to doing something productive
And quit posting your shit on my feed

No comments: