My bag is mostly packed, except for last minute things like my recharger and my neck brace. Again, my panels are Oral Tradition and Neurodivergent Writing at 1 and 4 Thursday, and K-Pop Demon Hunters followed by Healthy Aging Brains at 1 and 4 Friday.
My Labubus have their outfits all ready. I’m actually kind of glad the fad is fizzling so I can make them my own special unfashionable quirk. I’m not like those silly old ladies who collect Precious Moments and Hummels, I’m into fuzzy monsters.
Saturday my plans are to wander randomly around, and take naps, with sporadic socializing, and then once I get through that I’m going to Disneyland.
I don’t really have anything to sell or promote this time, and I don’t have a lot of expectations, so I’m thinking of just wandering around being present in the here-and-now, just to see how it feels.
My body is being a wee bit difficult. I’m on a new med that works wonders for the nerve pain but makes me relatively lethargic, so instead of charging out of bed at 6 am and writing a couple thousand words before sunrise, I’m … napping. And sleeping late. And changing size, as I drop fat and gain muscle, in a quest to have something vaguely resembling the body I had in my 20s – in cubic displacement if nothing else.
But I’m optimistic, and looking forward to connecting with other fans of things like Dungeon Crawler Carl and K-Pop Demon Hunters. I’ll let you know how it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment